Poojya Swamiji’s life of spiritual dissemination in English started from Jamshedpur in 1966. Initially, weekly satsang was held rotationally in devotee’s homes, and the discourses during the annual Jnāna Yajna were conducted in the Madrasi Sammelani hall.
With a lot of dedication, love, and sacrifice, the devotees used to host Poojya Swamiji and party for several weeks during the Jnāna Yajnas. Finally, Sri Ratan Tata, appreciating the value-oriented work done by Poojya Swamiji for Jamshedpur citizens over four decades, allotted a 0.75 acre land in Circuit House Area (North) for establishing CIRD-Jamshedpur. The Centre was inaugurated in February 2013.
February: Jnāna Yajna, Poojya Swamiji and Ma
November: Sādhanā Shibiram and Residential Retreat, Swami Nirviseshananda Tirtha.
• Discourses in the Vijnana Bhavan of the Centre
• Morning upanishad classes • “Walking” satsangs in the evening
• Nutan Swamiji with the retreat participants and CIRD Jamshedpur volunteers
- Morning Prayers: Daily; 7.30am – 8.45am
- Evening Prayers: Daily; 6.00pm – 7.00pm
- Sunday Satsang: Every Sunday; 7.30am – 9.00am
- Prabhāta Raśmiḥ
- Bhagavad Gita chanting
- Vishnusahasranāma chanting
- Meditational sitting
Societal Welfare Activities
Anna Vastra Dāna Satram
It is an annual event in which 3kg-bags of rice are distributed with bedsheet/ blanket and prasada are distributed to needy families.
• At Hatta Tribal Village
• At CIRD
• Chorus chanting of thousand names of Lord Vishnu, as advised by Bheeshma to Yudhishthira after Mahabharata War. Chanting is led by the Sannyasins, and accompanied by oblations in the homa kunda and flower petals at base of hundreds of lamps by devotees.
Cultural Heritage Class
Every Sunday, 9.15am for Children from nearby slum areas.
• Students and Teachers celebrating Holi
• Yoga class
• Sannyasins interact with the children during their visits.
• Republic Day and Independence Day Celebrations by devotees and CHC children.
Sewing machine distribution to ladies from underprivileged families, to make them economically self- sufficient.
Loka- sangraha activity during COVID Pandemic 2020
CIRD devotees with the blessings of Poojya Swamiji contributed towards the running of community kitchen for 2000 people for one month in a nearby Community Hall.
Poojya Swamiji’s birthday, Gurupoornima and Baba’s birthday are observed in a simple manner where devotees gather, perform Guru Archana and listen to Poojya Swamiji’s benedictory message.
• Devotee couple performing Guru Archana on behalf of all other devotees on Gurupoornima day
Centre for Inner Resources Development – Jamshedpur (NCR)
Circuit House Area(North West)
Sonari, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831011
Dr N K Das : +91 9234510650
Neera Nandwani : +91 9835120218
Indira Chopra : +91 9431183083
AK Kutty : +91 8521172742
CIRD JSR (mobile) : +91 8590053014
CIRD JSR (land line) : +91 6572231090