Centers for Inner Resource Development
“Brahmavidyā – Knowledge of the Subject within – imbibed through the association of the Wise, makes you free of the egoistic constrictions, empowering you to pursue activities with greater clarity and efficiency. In fact, education in our country had always emphasized purification and fortification of personality. CIRDs strive to re-institute this age-old emphasis with a modern perspective.”
The Centers for Inner Resources Development are educational organizations that strive to disseminate Vedantic Wisdom based on the teachings of Poojya Swami Bhoomananda Tirtha. Swamiji’s is a Knowledge-oriented pursuit with special focus on application to interactional life. The pursuit leads one to freedom and excellence through deeper understanding of the mind and its potential.
The main purpose of spiritual Centres like CIRD is to keep the society connected to its core eternal values. Besides helping spiritual seekers in their pursuit, an important role of the Centres is to re-vitalize and integrate the society with eternal wisdom and universal values. Through various programmes and publications, CIRDs strive to awaken the students, teachers, professionals, administrators, and other common people to the unlimited power hidden in our mind and intelligence.
Apart from the Ashram in Thrissur, there are 4 major institutions established by Poojya Swamiji:
CIRD Delhi – established in 1999
CIRD Jamshedpur – Inaugurated in 2013
Society for Inner Resources Development (SIRD) Malaysia – Registered in 2008
CIRD North America – Registered in 2007
Guided by Swami Bhoomananda Tirtha, and led by his sannyasin disciples Swami Nirviseshananda Tirtha and Ma Gurupriya, these Centres are entirely volunteer-run communities dedicated to work for spiritual elevation and welfare of all, irrespective of their religious or racial identities. Twice a year, special knowledge dissemination programmes are conducted by each CIRD during the visit of Swami Bhoomananda Tirtha and/or his Sannyasin disciples.
- Application-oriented Vedantic Knowledge dissemination through publications, discourses, workshops, retreats, meditation and interactive sessions.
- Jnana Yajna series (Poojya Swamiji and Ma)
- Enlightened Living series (Nutan Swamiji)
- Management and Leadership workshops for professionals
- Weekly and monthly satsangs.
- Societal welfare activities like assistance for education, house construction/repair, sanitation, medical treatment, marriage and self-employment.
- Organizing Anna Vastra Dāna Satras (Food and clothing distribution).
- Environmental amelioration.
• (B) SIRD Malaysia : Interactive session during Poojya Swamiji’s Vedanta Workshop 2019
Who can be benefitted?
People of all ages and walks of life participate in the program to learn from living Spiritual Masters:
Where lies real happiness?
How to overcome fear, anxiety, and stress?
How to love others and inculcate characteral virtues?
Who am I? What is meant by Self-realization? Where lie freedom and excellence?
Where lies the power of our mind?
Through exposure to the eternal spiritual culture and values, one readily experiences enrichment in all spheres of life. It becomes an experiential discovery that by strengthening the inner personality with the knowledge of our real identity, anybody can live with joy and freedom, and assimilate all impacts from the world.
• CIRD North America: With participants and volunteers at the Airlee retreat 2010
• CIRD Jamshedpur: Enlightened Living 2017 Retreat participants with volunteers after Anna Vastra Dāna Satram